Anthony Foley: ‘Farewell, farewell, thou lands may meet . . . my gaze’
Yes, big boys do cry, sometimes.
Is it the sheer intensity of the physical contact, the full body collisions and the relentless driving and rucking that so deepens the emotional context of rugby? Watching the generations of past and present Munster warriors, the old and the new, gathering around their dead chieftain this week was fascinating. The body language, the handshakes and hugs, the speechlessness of it all.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.