Analysis: Facebook once again shows it can grow without spiralling costs
Facebook's figures show it can smash estimates while maintaining a healthy margin, unlike Twitter
The headline figure from last night’s Facebook earnings is not specifically its revenue, which managed to smash estimates by breaking €7 billion for the first time. It’s that, for the fourth straight quarter, the company has posted a year-on-year increase in operating margins.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.