Exclusive: Cash-for-visas scheme faces axe as report reveals litany of failures
Investigation finds only 1,106 jobs being sustained by scheme; vast majority of 836 applications to date have come from China
Doubts are growing over the future of the state’s cash-for-visas scheme, with a critical unpublished government report finding that it has delivered few sustainable jobs and that it risks crowding out local investment.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.