European watchdog pours scorn on Ross’s judicial revamp
Europe’s anti-corruption watchdog has warned the government that its new system for appointing judges is a threat to judicial independence, in a move that could derail the pet project of Minister for Transport Shane Ross.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive