EU presses Ireland for no-deal border plan
The EU has made clear that Ireland would be expected to police the border
The European Commission is pushing the government to lay out its plans for the border in the event of a no-deal Brexit, a person familiar with the matter said.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive