EU to look at 'temporary' tech tax
Some countries want measures to ensure tech giants pay fair share of tax
EU finance ministers have asked the European Commission to come up with proposals aimed at ensuring digital giants such as Facebook, Google and Amazon pay their fair share of tax.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.