ECB slows pace of QE, but keeps options open
Central bank outlines plans to wind down bond-buying programme and reassures on low interest rates
The European Central Bank has announced its long-awaited decision on the future of its massive bond-buying programme, known as quantitative easing (QE), which was designed to bring inflation in the euro zone higher.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.