Diary of IDA’s new boss: tax experts and Tipp-Ex
Shanahan met lobbyists and rubbed shoulders with many of the country’s business elite
Meetings with tax experts and lobbyists who had strong connections to multinationals such as Google and Facebook were among the first priorities of new IDA chief executive Martin Shanahan when he started in his role, his diaries reveal.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.