CSO chief quizzed on 'lepronomics' figures
Key points from hearing as Dalton warns of potential further volatility in GDP figures
Central Statistics Office director general Padraig Dalton and some other key CSO officials appeared before the Oireachtas Joint Committee on Finance, Public Expenditure and Reform this morning. They were questioned about the controversial figures on economic growth the CSO released in July, which showed a 26.3 per cent surge in GDP.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.