Credit union pays out €1.2 million after car prize draw ‘irregularity’
New financial accounts for Citybus, the Dublin Bus workers’ credit union, show it paid out the money in “restitution"
A Dublin credit union paid out €1.2 million to deal with a serious issue connected to its car prize draw. The details of the draw have been referred to the Gardaí.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.