Commodity giants alarmed over threat to Aughinish Alumina
GFG Alliance, owned by the billionaire Gupta family, and mining giant Rio Tinto are both supplied by Aughinish Alumina
A number of major global commodity giants have raised their concerns with the government about the threat to Aughinish Alumina, which has been rocked by US sanctions against its Russian owner.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive