Commission 'not making fuss' over Apple tax deadline
Vestager defends €13 billion ruling before Oireachtas finance committee
EU Competition Commissioner Margrethe Vestager has told an Oireachtas committee that the European Commission is not claiming any authority over how national governments set tax rates or determine their tax systems.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive