City Council chief: good homeless services in Dublin create demand for them
Wide range of public services attracts more people to city. Economic growth has created rise in family homelessness
Dublin City Council chief executive Owen Keegan has said the local authority’s success in providing quality homeless accommodation is creating a danger of excessive demand and some people may not want to leave.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.