Central Bank ups Irish growth forecast again
Bank sees job numbers moving above pre-crisis peak, but warns of a risk of overheating as full employment comes closer
The Central Bank has sharply raised its forecast for economic growth this year from 3.9 per cent to 4.4 per cent in its latest quarterly bulletin. But its first estimate for 2019 sees the pace of expansion slowing to 3.9 per cent.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive