Central Bank concerned about insurers’ losses
Regulator wary of intense competition between insurers and extensive losses being racked up in the cut-throat sector.
The Central Bank is stepping up its scrutiny of insurance companies as it becomes increasingly alarmed by the losses they are racking up, The Sunday Business Post has learned.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive