What the census report tells us about where we live
More than 60% of Irish people live in urban areas while 40% live near the coast
Just over a third of Irish people live in rural areas, more than half of urban dwellers reside in Dublin or Cork while Drogheda is the largest town in the country, according to a new report from the Central Statistics Office.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.