Census changes boost employment figures
CSO adjustments add around 100,000 to employment and labour force figures as survey finds more young and EU workers
A new set of employment figures from the Central Statistics Office (CSO) has indicated that the number of people working and available for work in the economy is higher than previously reported.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.