What Census 2016 tells us about housing
Fewer vacant homes, more apartments - and more confusion on house building
Amid surging house prices, soaring rents and controversy over the accuracy of Government housing statistics, the Central Statistics Office has released a report on housing based on figures from Census 2016.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive