Britain names Brexit date: What happens next?
Clock for tough two-year talks process to start ticking on March 29
The British government will formally begin the process of leaving the EU on March 29 by triggering Article 50 of the EU’s Lisbon Treaty, a spokesman for British Prime Minister Theresa May confirmed this morning.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive