Brexit: 'Britain leaving the single market is a one-way ticket to disaster for Ireland'
Irish businesses in Britain must campaign against Brexit more vigorously, warns former British Europe minister
Britain’s political class was caught off guard this week. Not only did the parting words of Britain’s ambassador to the EU advise his staff to “challenge ill-founded arguments and muddled thinking” - a shot across the bow of his government - but they also made clear that not even he was aware of Britain’s Brexit negotiating objectives.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive