Ballagh comes out swinging on accusations of 'racism'
'It's about speaking truth to power,' says artist after claiming too many foreigners are running Irish cultural institutions
The artist Robert Ballagh has defended himself against charges of racism and "narrow-minded nationalism" in the wake of his controversial claims that too many Irish cultural institutions are being managed by people who are not from Ireland.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive