Applications for Irish passports surge 17% after Brexit
More than 70,000 applications from GB and NI this year
British applications for Irish passports surged almost a fifth in the first half of 2016, amid worries Britain would withdraw from the European Union.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive