Is Apple losing its cool?
Once, everyone wanted an iPhone – but owning one these days is no great statement of material success or style
Apple used to have a good problem. The earphones on the iPod and later the iPhone were distinctive. Most earphones were black: if you saw somebody with white earphones there was a strong chance they had an Apple product.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.