Air strikes highlight lack of strategy on Syria
“We are prepared to sustain this response until the Syrian regime stops its use of prohibited chemical agents": Donald Trump
Given the chaos and confusion that has raged around the White House all week, it wasn’t surprising that US president Donald Trump and his defence secretary James Mattis appeared to directly contradict each other in the immediate aftermath of Friday night’s military strikes against Syria.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.