AIB row sparks union call to delay sale
Noonan has insisted Dáil vote on flotation delay not legally binding
Despite a statement from Finance Minister Michael Noonan yesterday evening, the controversy over a Labour Party motion aimed at delaying the sale of 25 per cent of the state’s take in AIB continued today. The motion was passed in the Dáil yesterday afternoon amid claims that the Fine Gael leadership contest led to Government TDs taking their eye off the ball.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive