Abbey sees signs of slowdown in UK economy
The housebuilder also warned against "further unwise intervention" in the Irish housing market
Housebuilding group Abbey has reported a modest 3.3 per cent rise in full-year pre-tax profit to €63.5 million for the year ended April 30 from €61.5 million a year earlier although it said its operating profit was unchanged at €60.8 million.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.