2FM has Ray Burke and Gerry Ryan to thank for its continuing success and survival
The controversial minister’s 1990 attack on the station roused the public and ushered in the Ryan-led glory days
Believe it or not, 2FM is now 40 years old – it celebrated its birthday on May 31. The highlight of the celebrations was a re-edit of some of Gerry Ryan’s shows from the 1990s. The broadcast gave the impression he was back among us. Ryan was heard to give accurate time-checks, refer to the 40th anniversary and take callers on a variety of cheeky issues. Same as it ever was.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.