Thursday June 4, 2020

Retargeting can help to zero in

Retargeting is one of the smarter ways in which online advertisers can remind consumers that they exist. It can raise conversion rates, whether you’re trying to drive sales or email sign-ups; it can drive brand awareness; it can give brands a sense o

15th February, 2015
2
Steve Dempsey

Typically, only 2 per cent of a website’s visitors convert. Retargeting can help bring back the other 98 per cent. Here’s how it works: when someone checks out a site that’s using retargeting, a cookie is stored on their browser. That cookie is then used to let the retargeting provider know when to serve ads on subsequent sites, pushing targeting messages only to people who have previously visited the site that the cookie came from....

Subscribe from just €1 for the first month!

Exclusive offers:

All Digital Access + eReader

Trial

€1

Unlimited Access for 1 Month

Then €19.99 a month after the offer period.

Get basic
*New subscribers only
You can cancel any time.

Annual

€200

€149 For the 1st Year

Unlimited Access for 1 Year

You can cancel any time.

Quarterly

€55

€42

90 Day Pass

You can cancel any time.

Team Pass

Get a Business Account for you and your team

Related Stories

The way we did business a few months ago may never return – so the opportunity is to make changes that will both aid recovery and set us up well for our new futures

Tom Maguire | 1 month ago

What’s coming up today and what you might have missed

Hannah O’Brien | 5 months ago