VW’s Golf Mk7 swansong is made to set hearts racing
Volkswagen sends off the last-generation model with the most potent GTI to date, writes Dave Humphreys
It was back in 1975 when three letters emerged that would not only define the newly created hot hatch segment, but continue to be the benchmark for years to come. The GTI tag is no longer unique to Volkswagen, but it has become synonymous with faster versions of the company’s bestseller, the Golf.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.