VW moves upmarket with new Touareg
Modern but conservative, VW’s new flagship SUV is expected to be a huge success, writes Dave Humphreys
The last time that Volkswagen set out to produce a true flagship model it was under the leadership of one Ferdinand Piëch. That car was the Phaeton, a car that was over-engineered and ultimately lost Volkswagen a fortune on every model sold. Nevertheless, it was a defining car and remains well-loved by enthusiasts.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive