A vehicle fit for a Pope?
Pope Francis plans to travel around Ireland in a Skoda Rapid: a humble choice, but with great legroom
When Pope John Paul II came to Ireland in 1979, one of the vehicles he was driven around in was specially made by a company in Cork, on the chassis of a Ford truck. Bizarrely, most of it is still in existence – and available to rent out by groups. Do a quick search online and you’ll find mention of stag and hen parties.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.