Tycoons: Under the radar
In 2014, publicity-shy couple Bernie and John Gallagher paid Nama €28 million for the Bord Gáis Energy Theatre
It was a typically low-profile move. In the throng of bidders looking at Dublin’s Bord Gáis Energy Theatre, multimillionaire couple Bernie and John Gallagher stayed behind the scenes until their €28 million acquisition from Nama was sealed.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive