To try, buy and put by
The Veneto around Valpolicella on the southern shores of Lake Garda is rightly famed for its red wines and especially its icon, Amarone. At the very southern shore of Lake Garda are small ports, crammed full of Italy’s yachting and celebrity set. The restaurants are expensive and the cars flashy. The land and vines are poor, not up to Valpolicella standards, but here the white Trebbiano grape, undervalued elsewhere makes a sophisticated, Chablis-like wine of startling ambition, lightly lime tinged, crisp and cool wine. It is a star on the rise.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.