To try, buy and put by
With the peak sales time for port being the fast approaching Christmas festive season, this on sale Tawny is the bargain of the week. Tawny port is the mahogany-coloured, sweeter style of port that is the result of ageing regular vintage port for decades in huge 630-litre oak barrels, rather than bottling it. After ten years, as here, the wine takes on an amber gold colour and has a nose of nut, Christmas cake and mild spice. On the palate, the hazelnut, cognac-soaked raisins and fig notes sing out over a silky-smooth, toasty finish.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.