To Try, Buy or Put By
The never-ending search for a great Chablis at a fair price continues with this attractive wine from the disastrous vintage in 2016, when huge hail showers in May destroyed entire vineyards, and frost weakened more. But the Lavantureux family were spared. This small estate is run by brothers Arnaud and David Lavantureux, which their father Roland founded in 1978. Their vineyards are located north of Chablis and have produced a classical, lean, mineral delight but with a creamy, toasty finish from delicate oak ageing of 20 per cent of the wine.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.