To try, buy and put by
The Rhône Valley seems to suffer from some of the worst effects of fashionability. One year we hear nothing but up-and-coming tales of Rhône Valley wines and winemakers, then just as suddenly the wine world presses on to a new hipster outpost. The Rhône deserves better, but this at least keeps some prices in check. This superbly spicy and complex blend of grenache, syrah and mourvedre hails from 100-year-old vines from around the village of Cairanne, just 10km from the Roman ruins-strewn city of Orange. A rich and elegant wine.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive