To Try, Buy And Put By
This is a polished, deeply ripe and richly spicy Languedoc creation from the Château Lafite-Rothschild branch of the Rothschild family. The vineyard and estate here occupies the site of a 2,000-year-old Roman vineyard, which was subsequently maintained by Cistercian monks. This is the second wine of the estate made from younger vines and with an eye to earlier drinking, though I would maintain it benefits from half an hour’s decanting. The blend is typical of Corbières, with syrah, grenache and mourvedre joined by a dab of carignan. At €5 off, it’s a bargain.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.