To Try, Buy And Put By
The Rhône Valley is one of the French wine regions that never wavered from offering real value for very high-quality output. Sadly, appellations like Vacqueyras, Rasteau and Gigondas bought their own publicity and moved from being brilliantly priced bargains to being fine wines. We do not begrudge the most ambitious producers now charging prices close to Châteauneuf-du-Pape, but occasionally you can find older-style pricing. Owned by the Boisset Group, Bonpas makes a variety of southern Rhône wines. This is a meaty, spicy and rich Gigondas with real swagger, well worth trying.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive