To try, buy and put by
The 11 minutes here refer to the amount of time the skin of the red grapes involved here, Corvina, Shiraz and Carmenere, is left in contact with the clear juice. The juice of grapes, even black grapes, is essentially clear or white. To get red wine, you soak the skins with the white juice. To obtain rosé wine, you soak the skin and juice for a shorter time. Pasqua Winery maintains that exactly 11 minutes works best: the wine is a superb, spicy and lip-smackingly zesty delight.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.