To Try, Buy And Put By
One of the frequent criticisms of the Veneto’s ripasso wines is that they are all about the flavours of technique, rather than the vineyard or the soils. It is true that half a dozen steps, including drying the grapes for months, can sidestep some primary fruit flavours. In Bardolino, Valpolicella’s neighbour to the east, we have an antidote to that in the Veneto’s Cru Beaujolais-a-like. Here we have crunchy, primary dark fruits, with touches of cherry and almond over light tannins and a clean, fresh finish.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.