To Try, Buy And Put By
The Delheim winery in South Africa dates back to a post World War II chance for a young German emigré to help his aunt and uncle on their farm. Michael Sperling brought a Burgundian interest with him and today that fine wine ethos is foregrounded, with hand picking, natural ferments and year-long ageing on lees in expensive French oak barrels. The result, a Beaune-style chardonnay that is all hazelnut and toasty generosity. Delicious.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.