To Try, Buy And Put By
The annual Spanish wine promotion season is in full swing with talks and tastings across the country, but the best celebration we wine lovers can really embrace is to sample the diversity and brilliance of Spanish wines. While many will concentrate on new hipster skin-contact wines or beloved Rioja, one always underappreciated, and well priced area is sherry. This Amontillado is made in the driest of styles with a rich overlay of toasted nutty hints, campfire smokiness and a touch of fruit cake. Delicious and well-priced, it begs for an oxtail consommé or cold Comté cheese pairing.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.