Rolex: Timepiece of mind
It’s a luxury superbrand and a five-letter status symbol: Ruth O’Connor delves into the rich history of Rolex
Did you know that the tiny bubble of glass above the date on the face of a Rolex watch was conceived of in a ‘Eureka’ moment at bathtime by founder Hans Wilsdorf? Or that the five prongs on the Rolex crown represent each of the five letters in the brand name as well as the five digits of the hand?
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive