Time to wax Lyrical
The unpromising substance of wax is at the heart of Maria Dorai-Raj’s enchanting jewellery designs
Maria Dorai-Raj frequently uses a technique known as lost wax casting, which involves jewellery designs being sculpted from wax. The wax pieces are then put into plaster, which is put into a hot kiln – when the wax melts, molten silver is poured into the void to create the desired shape.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.