Three to try
All three wines this week are classic icons, maybe even wine clichés. Yet you only become a wine cliché by fulfilling a need and usually doing it well. I feel all three of these wines have become secret classics, and we wine lovers overlook their unpretentious joys to our detriment. First up is Tio Pepe Fino Sherry, made from well-sourced Palomino. The wine here is tart, crisp and lip-smacking dry. Try it with salted, just warm, pan-fried almonds: it’s a revelation.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.