A thought-provoking analysis of the age of narcissism
Psychology: Insight: The Power of Self-Awareness in a Self-Deluded World, By Tasha Eurich, Macmillan, €17.25
The late US comedian George Carlin was a strong believer in letting people know their limitations. “No child these days,” he said in one of his most famous routines, “ever gets to hear those all-important character building words, ‘You lost, Bobby. You’re a loser, Bobby.’ They never hear the truth about themselves until they’re in their 20s when their boss calls them in and says, ‘Bobby, clean your desk and get out of here, you’re a loser!” (Expletives deleted.)
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.