As part of Heritage week, Birr Castle in Offaly is opening its doors for tours. The castle’s owners (including the lady of the house, Anna Lin, Lady Oxmantown) are also putting their impressive collection of antique dresses on display for the first time in Ireland – elements of the collection have already appeared in New York’s Metropolitan Museum of Art and the V&A in London. The 90-minute tour will take you through the impressive reception rooms as the guide highlights the historical significance of the furniture, artwork and each of the dresses. You’re also free to explore the 120 acres of gardens which includes Ireland’s largest tree-house and a giant telescope. The tours will continue until next Sunday, and you can book at birrcastle.com.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive