The Ennis Book Club Festival, the Cork French Film Festival and [In]Visible: Irish Women Artists from the Archives
Bibliophiles can pop down to Ennis next weekend to get their literary fill as the Ennis Book Club Festival kicks off on Friday. Aiming to promote the act of reading across all demographics, the weekend’s worth of activities include author talks, guided tours, live music and wine tastings. Saturday sees the arrival of award-winning author and women’s rights activist Elif Shafak (pictured above) to Glór arts centre, where she’ll be participating in a public conversation with Arena presenter Seán Rocks. You can see the full list of events at ennisbookclubfestival.com, and read more about Ireland’s book club scene on page 18 of this issue.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.