Iphigenia in Splott at the Smock Alley Theatre, the Cartier Exhibition and the Cool Planet Experience in Powerscourt
A winner of Best New Play at the UK Theatre Awards, Iphigenia in Splott receives its Irish premiere at the Smock Alley Theatre. Transposing Greek myth to modern-day, austerity-hit Wales, the play tells the story of Effie, whose life is spiralling out of control due to addiction, until an encounter with a wounded British soldier gives her a chance to break free from her dire situation. It runs until next Saturday and tickets are €13 from smockalley.com.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.