The same 3 Series, only different
Not that you’d know from looking at it, but BMW has given its 3 Series line-up a revamp
Dr Stephan Neugebauer, the head of Project BMW 3 Series, is fairly unapologetic when discussing the ‘new’ 3 Series, saying: “We deliberately decided not to make wholesale design changes.” Understandable, perhaps, as the 3 Series still looks sharp in what is now its 40th year – though, given that anniversary and the fairly extensive work that’s gone on underneath those familiar lines, it’s a shame that the stylists weren’t given more of an opportunity to shine.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.